BY: ANDY HUNT
Look at this week's post for a deep dive into the 2022 season!
- The offense ran 46.1 plays per game this season which is the fewest a Rocket offense has averaged since 2010 (42.2).
- CC averaged 188.2 passing yards per game which is the second highest average for season in school history (2017, 212.9).
- Opponents this season averaged 11.8 pass attempts per game which were the fewest against the Rockets since 2003 (11.4).
- The offenses of opponents' this season averaged 255.8 yards per game which is the highest average since 2016 (320.8).
- The defense only scored one defensive TD this season making it the first season since 2016 in which the Rockets didn’t score multiple TDs on defense.
- Crittenden County surrendered three special teams TDs this season. The Rockets gave up on five total in the prior seven seasons combined.
- Offensively, the Rockets put up 114 points in the third quarter which is the second most in a single season in school history (2018, 124).
- Defensively, the Rockets gave up 88 points in the third quarter. The defense hadn’t allowed that many points since 2011 (102).
- Against Fulton County, Micah Newcom tied the single game record for completion percentage with a 13 of 15 performance for 86.67%. Mike Sutton is the other recordholder who set the record in 1972 against Fulton County.
- Micah Newcom had at least a 60% completion percentage in 11 of the 13 games this season. No other Rocket QB has had more than six in a season.
- Preston Morgeson tied the record for most receiving TDs by a senior with 10. Ethan Dossett (2018) has 10 as well.
- Preston Morgeon and T.K. Guess (2002-2005) are the only Rockets with 1,000 career receiving yards and 500 career rushing yards.
- In week 10, Kaleb Nesbitt had 159 yards receiving. In the past 18 seasons, only one time has a player had more receiving yards in a game than Nesbitt (Ethan Dossett, 2017, Ballard Memorial).
- Kaleb Nesbitt and Preston Morgeson combined for incredible receiving stats this season only ever rivaled by one pair of Rocket receivers (Ethan Dossett and Branen Lamey). Together, Nesbitt and Morgeson have 212 receptions, 2,956 yards receiving, and 44 TDs. They have also scored 403 points and have recorded 3,737 yards from scrimmage.
- Against DeSales, Micah Newcom became the 19th player to be responsible for scoring five TDs in a game by throwing five TD passes.
- In week 8, Preston Morgeson returned a punt 52 yards for a TD. This was the second punt return TD over 50 yards for Morgeson in his career. He is one of only three players to have multiple 50-yard punt returns in their careers (J.D. Gray and T.K. Guess).
- Hayden Hildebrand recovered a fumble for a TD against Fort Knox which was the 14th time a Rocket recovered a fumble in the end zone for a TD.
- Versus Liberty Creek, Crittenden County overcame a 14-point halftime deficit. That 14-point deficit tied the largest come from behind win when trailing at the half (Trigg County, 1993, 0-14).
- Crittenden County will get its 325th win in program history next year after it wins its third game. The program currently has 322 wins.
- Coach Courtney has 13 wins in his first two seasons which is the second most ever for a coach in his first two years at the helm (Sean Thompson, 21).
- Briley Berry became only the fifth Rocket since 1998 to have 120 or more tackles in a season. The others are:
- Gavin Dickerson
- Adam Beavers
- Dylan Smith
- Gaige Courtney
- Case Gobin became the eighth Rocket defender to record 100 or more tackles in two seasons. The others are:
- Adam Beavers
- Josh Cozart
- Blake Gardner
- Billy Mills
- Dylan Smith
- Wompie Stewart
- Von Summers
Single Game School Records Versus Holy Cross
(Louisville) Broken Last Week
- Passing Yards: 141, Micah Newcom, 2022 (Previous Recordholder: 39, J.D. Gray, 2009)
- Passing Completions: 15, Micah Newcom, 2022 (Previous Recordholder: 7, J.D. Gray, 2009)
- Passing Attempts: 25, Micah Newcom, 2022 (Previous Recordholder: 9, J.D. Gray, 2009)
- Passing Touchdowns: 1, Case Gobin, 2022 (Previous Recordholder: N/A, none recorded)
- Interceptions Thrown: 2, Micah Newcom, 2022 (Previous Recordholder: 1, J.D. Gray, 2009)
Completion Percentage (minimum 60% and 14 attempts): 60% (15/25), Micah Newcom,
2022 (Previous Recordholder: N/A, none recorded)
- Receiving Yards: 85, Caden Howard, 2022 (Previous Recordholder: 14 (twice), Dylan Clark, 2009 and Andrew Freeman, 2009)
- Receptions: 5, Caden Howard, 2022 (Previous Recordholder: 2 (twice), Dylan Clark, 2009 and Tanner Nix, 2009)
Receiving Touchdowns: 1, Caden Howard, 2022 (Previous Recordholder: N/A, none
1, Gabe Keller, 2022 (Previous Recordholder: N/A, none recorded)
- Passing Yards – Career
- 4. Nick Castiller – 2,814
- 5. Jamie Curtis - 2,813
- 6. Micah Newcom – 2,398
- 7. J.D. Gray – 2,172
- 8. Turner Martin – 1,840
- 9. Sean Thompson – 1,757
- Passing Yards – Season
- 1. Hunter Boone (2017) – 2,603
- 2. Hunter Boone (2018) – 2,308
- 3. Micah Newcom (2022) – 2,208
- 4. Nick Castiller (2015) – 2,021
- 5. Austin Berry (2004) – 2,017
- 6. Luke Crider (2021) – 2,006
- 7. Hunter Boone (2016) – 1,801
- 8. Austin Berry (2005) – 1,486
- 9. Luke Crider (2020) – 1,398
- Micah Newcom has 182 completions in his career which ranks tied for 5th all-time. Next up are Austin Berry with 227, Nick Castiller with 234, Luke Crider with 283, and Hunter Boone with 489.
- Micah Newcom has completed 168 passes this season which is the second most in a season. Next up is Hunter Boone (2017) with 171.
- Micah Newcom has 271 passing attempts during his time as Rocket which is the 10th most in that category for a career. Next up are Travis Gilbert with 279, Sean Thompson with 281, and J.D. Gray with 320.
- Micah Newcom has 248 passing attempts which is the 6th most in a single season. Next up is Hunter Boone (2018) with 274, Nick Castiller (2015) with 284 and Luke Crider (2021) with 292.
- Micah Newcom has 30 career touchdown passes which is the 4th most all-time. Next up are Austin Berry with 47, Luke Crider with 49, and Hunter Boone with 84.
- Micah Newcom is fourth in most TD passes in a single season with 27. Next up are Austin Berry (2004) with 29, Hunter Boone (2017) with 32, and Hunter Boone (2018) with 33.
- Micah Newcom is first in completion percentage for a season with 67.74% (168/248). Below him on the list are Austin Berry (122/203 in 2004) with 60.10%, Luke Crider (44/76 in 2019) with 57.89%, and Hunter Boone (171/298 in 2017) with 57.38%.
- Micah Newcom is second in passer rating during a season. Newcom’s rating is 170.39. The highest passer rating in a single season is 184.79 from Austin Berry in 2004. The rating system used is the collegiate version.
- Micah Newcom is 4th in touchdown to interception ratio for a season. Newcom is at 2.7 (27 TD/ 10 INT). Luke Crider is 3.67, Austin Berry 4.83 and J.D. Gray 5.00 are ahead of Newcom.
- Micah Newcom has 2,803 yards of offense in his career which is the 13th most all-time. Next up are Rodney Robertson with 2,835 and Sean Thompson with 2,987.
- Micah Newcom currently has 2,619 yards of offense which ranks as the 3rd most in a single season. Next up are Hunter Boone (2017) with 2,675, and Nick Castiller (2015) with 2,758.
- Micah Newcom has been responsible for 41 total career TDs in his career. This ranks him tied for 11th in career TDs responsible for. Next up are David Beverly with 42 and Xander Tabor, Rodney Robertson, and Dennis Mott with 44.
- Micah Newcom broke the single season record for total touchdowns scored in a season. Newcom has scored 38 touchdowns (11 rush, 27 pass) this season. The all-time leader was Hunter Boone (2017) with 36. This category is also commonly referred to as “touchdowns responsible for.”
- Micah Newcom has three two point conversions this season. He is only the 20th player to ever accomplish that stat and ranks tied for 9th in two point conversions in a season.
- Preston Morgeson has 1,556 career receiving yards which is the 4th most all-time. Next up are Chad Perryman (1990-1993) with 1,655, T.K. Guess (2002-2005) with 1,774, and the all-time leader Ethan Dossett (2015-2018) with 2,130.
- Preston Morgeson has 572 yards receiving this season which is the 9th most in a season. Next up are Jared Champion (1996) with 594 and Chad Perryman (1991) with 624.
- Preston Morgeson is the all-time leader for career receiving touchdowns with 25. Ethan Dossett was the prior recordholder with 23.
- Preston Morgeson is tied for the 3rd most receiving TDs in a season with 10. Next up are T.K. Guess with 12 and Ethan Dossett with 13.
- Preston Morgeson has 113 career receptions which is the 2nd most in school history. Next up is the all-time leader is Ethan Dossett with 127.
- Preston Morgeson has 46 receptions this season which is the 4th most in a year. Next up are Ethan Dossett (2018) with 50, Ethan Hunt (2016) with 56, and Ethan Dossett (2017) with 70.
- Preston Morgeson has 2,271 career yards from scrimmage which is 11th all-time. Morgeson is the 16th player in school history with 2,000 or more yards from scrimmage in a career. Yards from scrimmage are rushing and receiving yards combined. Next up are Dennis Mott with 2,300 and Ronnie Moss with 2,516.
- Preston Morgeson has scored 37 career TDs which is the 9th most in that category. Next up are Ronnie Moss with 39 and David Beverly with 42.
- Preston Morgeson has been responsible for 37 total career TDs. This ranks him 14th in career TDs responsible for. Next up are Ronnie Moss with 39 and Micah Newcom with 40 & Nick Castiller with 40.
- Preston Morgeson has 277 career points which is the 4th most. Next up are T.K. Guess with 288, J.D. Gray with 304, and Devon Nesbitt with 376.
- Preston Morgeson has scored 104 points this season which is the 16th most in a single season. Next up are J.D. Gray (2009) with 108 and Dennis Mott (1964) with 111.
- Preston Morgeson has attempted 62 PATs in his career which is the 6th most ever. Next up are Brad Will Perkins with 79 and Micah Hollamon with 84.
- Preston Morgeson is 10th in most PATs attempted in a season with 40. Next up are Noah Perkins & George Congenie with 42.
- Preston Morgeson has made 49 PATs in his career which is the 6th most ever. Next up are Micah Hollamon with 68 and Will Perkins with 72.
- Preston Morgeson is 11th in most PATs made in a season with 30. Next up are Will Perkins & George Congenie with 33 and J.R. Adams (2008) with 36.
- Preston Morgeson is tied for 7th in career interceptions with 7. Next up are Chad Perryman with 8 and Caden McCalister & Mike Taylor with 10.
- Preston Morgeson is tied for 2nd in career punt returns for a touchdown with two. The all-time leaders are J.D. Gray and Denis Hodge with three each.
- Kaleb Nesbitt has 1,402 career receiving yards which is the 5th most ever. Next up are Preston Morgeson with 1,516, Chad Perryman (1990-1993) with 1,655, T.K. Guess (2002-2005) with 1,774, and the all-time leader Ethan Dossett (2015-2018) with 2,130.
- Kaleb Nesbitt has 675 yards receiving this season which is the 6th most in a single season. Next up are T.K. Guess with 753, Ethan Hunt with 774, and Ethan Dossett with 785.
- Kaleb Nesbitt has 19 career TD receptions which is 3rd all-time. Next up are Ethan Dossett with 23 and Preston Morgeson with 24.
- Kaleb Nesbitt has scored 21 career TDs which is tied for 19th most in that category. Next up are Jeramie Sorina with 22 and Branen Lamey & Dylan Hollis with 23.
- Receptions – Career
- 1. Ethan Dossett – 127
- 2. Preston Morgeson – 113
- 3. Kaleb Nesbitt – 101
- 4. T.K. Guess – 95
- 5. Ethan Hunt – 86
- 6. Chad Perryman - 85
- Kaleb Nesbitt has 44 receptions this season which is the 6th most in a year. Next up are Preston Morgeson (2022) with 42, T.K. Guess (2004) with 45, Ethan Dossett (2018) with 50, Ethan Hunt (2016) with 56, and Ethan Dossett (2017) with 70.
- Kaleb Nesbitt has 126 career points which is the 24th most. With 13 more points, Nesbitt will be in 18th place.
- Kaleb Nesbitt caught at least one pass in 17 straight games which is the 4th longest streak in school history. Next up are T.K. Guess with 22, Ethan Hunt with 25, and Ethan Dossett with 26.
- Tackles – Career
- 15. Tanner Tabor (1996-1999) – 239
- 16. Joey Rich (1996-1999) – 237
- T-17. Dylan Clark (2006-2009) - 235
- T-17. Briley Berry (2019-Present) – 235
- T.19. Josh Andrews (1985-1988) – 234
- T.19. Josh Cozart (1998-1999) – 234
- T.19. Bobby Knox (2009-2012) - 234
- Briley Berry has 126 tackles this season which is the 11th most in a season. Next up are David Beverly with 127, Barkley Hughes with 128, and Dylan Smith with 130.
- Briley Berry has six career sacks which is tied for 22nd on the all-time list.
Gobin is 27th in career tackles with 213. Next up are Travis McKinney (2012-2015) with
215 and Brian Berry (2007-2010) with 218.
- Case Gobin has 15 career Tackles for Loss in his career which is tied for the 23rd most ever. Next up are Josh James & Dyllan Thornton with 16 and Caden McCalister with 17.
- Sacks – Career
- 5. Zack Beverly (1999-2002) – 15
- 6. Tyler Boone (2017-2020) – 12
- 7. Case Gobin (2019-Present) – 12
- 8. Sam Impastato (2019-Present) – 11
- T-9. Jeff Porter (1982-1985) – 10
- T-9. Aaron Berry (2006-2009) – 10
- T-9. Dylan Clark (2006-2009) – 10
- T-9. Travis McKinney (2006-2009) – 10
- T-9. Braxton Winders (2017-2020) – 10
- 14. Jeff Campbell (1982-1985) – 9
- Case Gobin has five sacks this season which is tied for the 19th most in a season. With one more sack, he will move into a tie for 14th place.
- Sam Impastato is 41st in career tackles. Next up are Rodney Robertson with 169 and Brian Penn with 178.
- Sam Impastato is 6th in career Tackles for Loss with 36. Next up are is Aaron Berry with 43.
- Tackles for Loss – Season
- 4. Dylan Yates (2021) – 21
- 5. Dylan Clark (2009) – 20
- T-6. Aaron Berry (2009) – 19
- T-6. Sam Impastato (2022) – 19
- 8. Zack Beverly (2001) – 18
- T-9. Aaron Berry (2008) – 16
- T-9. Gavin Dickerson (2018) – 16
- T-11. Gaige Courtney (2008) – 15
- T-11. Tyler Boone (2018) - 15
- Sam Impastato is 8th in career sacks with 11. Next up are Tyler Boone & Case Gobin with 12 and Zack Beverly with 15.
- Caden Howard has broken the freshman record for fumble recoveries in a season with three.
- Caden Howard has tied the freshman record for caused fumbles in a season with two. Other freshmen causing two fumbles are Aaron Berry (2006), Gavin Dickerson (2015), and Lathen Easley (2017).
- Caden Howard will has broken the freshman record for receptions in a season with 19. Former recordholders are Chad Perryman (1990) and Preston Morgeson (2019) with nine.
- Caden Howard has broken the freshman record for TD receptions in a season with five. The former recordholder is J.D. Gray (2006) with three.
- Caden Howard has broken the freshman record for receiving yards in a season with 248. The former recordholder is Chad Perryman (1990) with 226..
- Caden Howard has tied the freshman record for two-point conversions with one. The only other freshman known to score a two-point conversion was Caden McCalister.