2010 Murray Results
Class 2A Non-District Opponent - (4-0) (9-0)
Madisonville - North Hopkins (4-5) - AWAY - 7-0
Calloway County (2-7) - Neutral - 28-21
Fulton City (0-9) - HOME - 57-0
Fulton County (1-8) - HOME - 55-6
Ballard Memorial (4-5) - HOME - 42-13
Trigg County (3-6) - HOME - 29-3 *District Opponent
Reidland (4-5) - AWAY - 49-7 *District Opponent
Caldwell County (6-3) - AWAY - 20-6 *District Opponent
Heath (0-9) - HOME - 49-0 *District Opponent
Crittenden vs. Murray Series
1963 - HOME - 14-14 - TIE - Playoffs - *Won on Tie Breaker
1965 - HOME - 0-28 - Loss
1966 - AWAY - 6-42 - Loss
1967 - HOME - 12-44 - Loss
1968 - AWAY - 0-38 - Loss
1983 - AWAY - 8-20 - Loss
1984 - HOME - 6-14 - Loss
1987 - AWAY - 0-21 - Loss
1988 - HOME - 10-3 - WIN
1989 - AWAY - 0-20 - Loss
1990 - HOME - 21-27 - Loss DOUBLE OT
1991 - AWAY - 0-27 - Loss - Playoffs
1999 - MSU - 12-9 - WIN OT
2000 - AWAY - 0-37 - Loss
2000 - AWAY - 14-41 - Loss - Playoffs
2002 - HOME - 18-8 - WIN - Playoffs
2003 - AWAY - 12-27 - Loss - Playoffs
2009 - MSU - 7-24 - Loss
- In the regular season, CC is 2-11 against Murray
- CC is behind in the series 3-14-1 (19.4% winning percentage).
- Biggest win in the series for CC, 1-8 in 2002.
- Biggest loss in the series for CC, 0-37 in 2000.
- Coach Starnes is 2-5 against Murray.
- Murray and the 25-Game Winning Streak
- Murray currently holds a 25-game regular season win streak.
- During the streak, Crittenden County is the only team (disregarding their district games) Murray has beaten which currently has or finished a season with a winning record. CC finished 10-3 last season.
- Of the 15 non-district wins Murray has during the streak, 10 have come against Class A opponents (Fulton City, Fulton County, Ballard Memorial, and Crittenden County).
- During the streak, Murray (2A) has only played 4 games against schools from a larger class. Two against Madisonville-North Hopkins (5-6, 2009; 4-5, 2010) and two against perhaps Murray's biggest rival, Calloway
- County (3-8, 2009; 2-7, 2010).
- Murray has only allowed more than 21 points once during the streak (40, Ballard Memorial 2009).
- During the last 25 regular season games for Crittenden County, we have played 11 district games, eight 2A teams, three 3A teams, two 4A teams, and two out-of-state opponents. Compared to Murray who has played ten district games, ten 1A opponents, one 2A opponent, two 4A teams, and two 5A teams.
- Outside of Crittenden County, the three 1A opponents Murray has played a total of nine times during the streak have a combined record of 21-71 with Ballard Memorial having 14 of those 21 wins.
- CC is 26-1 in its last 27 games when they score 20 or more points.
- The 441 total yards recorded by Mayfield was the most by a Rocket opponent since Lone Oak in 2008 had 460.
- CC is outscoring its opponents on average 25.8 to 8.8 in the first half this season.
- CC is 8-4 all-time in games following a loss to Mayfield.
2009 Crittenden County vs. Murray Recap
- Murray won 24-7.
- CC took the lead 7-3 in the 3rd Quarter and Murray scored 21 unanswered to win.
- Murray senior, #33 Brandon Wicks had 17 carries for 163 yards and 3 TDs.
- Rocket Freshman Eli Bebout had a solid defensive game for a defensive lineman with 2 solos and 3 assists. Bebout had 2 TFL as well.
- Murray did not attempt a pass, most likely due to the severe rain storm.
- Murray outgained CC 260 to 135 on the ground.
Touchdown Passes in a Season
29 - Austin Berry 2004
17 - Austin Berry 2005
12 - Mike Sutton 1972
11 - Taylon Polk 2006
10 - J.D. Gray 2008
9 - J.D. Gray 2009
9 - Brian Berry 2010
Brian Berry is the first Crittenden County player ever to record 900 yards rushing,
600 yards passing, and 200 yards receiving in a career.
Brian Berry is the second player ever to complete at least two passes
in each of his four seasons as a Rocket. The other rocket to complete the feat
was Bryan O'Neal (1991-1994).