By Andy Hunt
2012 Marshall County - 6A - (3-2, 0-0)
Opponent (Record) - Score - Marshall Result - Location
McLean County (0-6) - 56-7 - Win - Home
Lone Oak (4-2) - 7-52 - Loss - Home
Webster County (1-4) - 39-6 - Win - Neutral
Calloway County (3-3) - 48-27 - Win - Home
Mayfield (5-1) - 7-44 - Loss - Away
Marshall County Series
Marshall leads the series 2-0 (1974, 0-8, Away; 2011 10-15, Home)
In Week 6 Games
CC is 19 - 36 all-time in Week 6 games
With a 3-2 Record
CC is 5 - 5 all-time in games when holding a record of 3-2.
- Grant Gardner has rushed for 544 yards this year. He is currently on pace for 1,224 yards in the regular season. If he does cross the 1,000 yard mark for the season, he will be the first Rocket player to do so since J.D. Gray in 2009 when he rushed for 1,192 yards.
- Travis Gilbert has not thrown an interception in his last four-plus games (57 attempts). The last time a CC QB had a streak of no interceptions that long was in 2008-2009 when J.D. Gray went 16-plus straight games.
- Last week, Stephon Cozart became the 28th Rocket to record at least 150 tackles in a career. He is currently the team's active leader in career tackles with 154.
- This is the first time CC has ever had at least 17 first downs in four of its first five games in a season.
- The (-14) yards rushing was the second lowest total for a Rocket opponent in the last 15 seasons. The only total that was lower was (-38) by Caverna in week 8 of the 2005 season.
- The CC defense has held its opponents to 32 rushing yards or fewer in the three wins this season. In the past 15 seasons no team has held its opponents to 32 yards or fewer rushing three times in the first five games. The next best performance was the 2010 defense that held its opponents to 56 yards or less three times in the first five games.
- This season CC is averaging 47.4 rushing attempts per game. This is the highest average for rushing attempts per game since 2001 when that team averaged 48.0 for the season.
- The Rocket defense is allowing 185.2 total yards per game, this is the fewest yards per game allowed since the 2002 season when that team allowed 179.2 total yards per game.
- CC has scored at least 14 points in the third quarter twice in the last three games. Prior to those three games, CC scored at least 14 points in the third quarter only twice in the previous 32 games dating back to week five of the 2009 season.
- Last week's game was the first time the Rockets scored 10+ points in two different quarters since last season's game against Reidland.
- With the shutout against Reidland, that makes five seasons in a row and 10 out of the last 12, that CC has recorded at least one shutout during the course of a season.
- After recording six tackles last season as a freshman, Lane Wallace did not record a tackle in the first three games of this season. In the last two games, Wallace has racked up 10 solo tackles which is second to only Stephon Cozart's 11.