BY ANDY HUNT
2015 Fulton City 1A (1-5, District 1-0)
2015 Fulton City 1A (1-5, District 1-0)
Week 1 – Greenfield (TN) (3-3, 1A) – LOSS – 20-35
Week 2 – Ballard Memorial (3-2, 2A) – LOSS – 8-34
Week 3 – Fulton County (1-4, 1A) – WIN – 38-28
Week 4 – Gibson County* (TN) (4-2, 2A) – LOSS – 6-19
Week 5 – South Fulton (TN) (3-3, 1A) – LOSS – 16-46
Week 6 – Stewart County (TN) (3-3, 3A) – LOSS – 8-28
- The four opponents that Gibson County has beaten this season have a combined record of 1-23. The lone win is from the Fulton City/Fulton County game earlier this season.
- Fulton City has 20 players on its roster.
- Fulton City has the ninth worst scoring offense in 1A with 96 points. CC has scored 189.
- Fulton City has allowed the 10th most points in 1A with 190. CC has allowed 153.
- Since 2009, Fulton City is 4-30 in their last 34 road games. A winning percentage of 11.8%.
Fulton City Series
Season - CC Result - Score - Location
1957 - LOSS - 0-41 - Home
1958 - LOSS - 7-35 - Away
1959 - LOSS - 7-27 - Home
1960 - LOSS - 13-48 - Away
1965 - WIN - 13-7 - Home
1966 - LOSS - 7-26 - Away
1967 - LOSS - 0-27 - Home
1968 - LOSS - 2-35 - Away
1969 - LOSS - 12-33 - Home
1970 - LOSS - 6-48 - Away
1971 - WIN - 26-0 - Home
1972 - WIN - 25-0 - Away
1973 - LOSS - 6-32 - Home
1974 - LOSS - 6-7 - Away
1975 - WIN - 8-6 - Home
1976 - LOSS - 14-33 - Away
1977 - LOSS - 14-41 - Home
1978 - LOSS - 8-38 - Away
1979 - LOSS - 0-14 - Home
1986 - WIN - 65-20 - Home
1987 - LOSS - 6-9 - Away
1988 - WIN - 52-0 - Home
1989 - LOSS - 15-22 - Away
1990 - LOSS - 12-28 - Home
1993 - LOSS - 0-12 - Home
1994 - WIN - 22-16 - Away
1995 - WIN - 27-26 - Home
1996 - WIN - 20-18 - Away
1997 - WIN - 33-26 - Away
1998 - WIN - 30-13 - Home
2001 - WIN - 28-22 - Away
2001 - WIN - 19-12 - Home - Playoffs
2002 - WIN - 30-14 - Home
2002 - WIN - 46-0 - Home - Playoffs
2004 - WIN - 40-12 - Home - Playoffs
2007 - LOSS - 22-26 - Away
2008 - WIN - 44-13 - Home
2009 - WIN - 57-0 - Away
2010 - WIN - 48-0 - Home
2013 - WIN - 35-6 - Away
2014 - WIN - 37-6 - Home
2014 - WIN - 35-14 - Away
- CC leads in the series 22 - 20 (52.4 % winning percentage)
- CC has won 16 of the last 17 overall.
- Before 1994, Fulton City lead the series 19-6.
- Biggest CC win - 57-0 in 2009
- Biggest FC win - 48-6 in 1970
- Coach Starnes is 16-2 against Fulton City
- Alex Cosby now has 29 career receptions. With one more reception, Cosby will be the 18th player in school history to have at least 30 career receptions.
- The 933 passing yards through the first six games of the season for Nick Castiller are the 2nd most passing yards ever for a Rocket QB in the first six games of a season. Austin Berry passed for 1067 in 2005.
- Nick Castiller is currently 5th on the career passing yards list. He now has 1,726 career passing yards. Next up on the list are Sean Thompson (1,757) and J.D. Gray (2,172).
- Dylan Hollis caught his 39th career pass last week. On the all-time receptions list, Tanner Nix, Shawnte Moss, and Jared Champion are next up with 40 career receptions each, followed by Rodney Robertson and Gaige Courtney with 43 apiece. Hollis currently ranks 12th on the career receptions list.
- Dylan Hollis is still currently 7th in career receiving yards with 634 yards. The next players on the list are Bobby Knox (654), Jerry Jessup (687), and Shawnte Moss (697).
- Nick Castiller is 4th in career completions with 151 completions. In 3rd place is J.D. Gray with 174 completions, in 2nd place is Jamie Curtis with 182 and the all-time leader is Austin Berry with 227 completions.
- Nick Castiller is 5th in career attempts with 294. Ahead of Castiller are Turner Martin with 302 and J.D. Gray with 320, Austin Berry with 396 and the all-time leader is Jamie Curtis with 426.
- Rocket QB Nick Castiller had 77 completions last season and has 72 so far this season. Castiller has become the only the 2nd QB in school history with two seasons of at least 70 completions. Austin Berry had 122 in 2004 and 83 in 2005.
- Nick Castiller had his fifth, 100+ yard passing game of the season. The single season record holder for most 100 yard passing games in a season is Austin Berry with 10 (2004). Next in that category is J.D. Gray (2010) with six.
- Nick Castiller’s 38 passing attempts broke a school record for most passing attempts by a player in a game. The old record of 36 was set by Austin Berry in 2004 and tied by Castiller last season against Muhlenberg County. All three games mentioned here were losses for the Rockets.
- Rocket Receiver, Ethan Hunt, has caught at least one pass in 7 straight games and receiver, Dylan Hollis has a caught a pass in eight straight contests. These are the longest streaks since Bobby Knox caught a pass in 12 straight games dating from round 1 of the 2011 playoffs to round 1 of the 2012 playoffs. The record holder is T.K. Guess who caught at least one pass in his final 22 games.
- Dylan Hollis became the 25th player in school history to score 15 total touchdowns in a career. Hollis has scored 10 rushing TDs and 5 receiving TDs.
- Tyler Coleman hauled in 7 receptions last week. That total is good enough to tie for the 7th most receptions in a single game.
- This year’s squad is averaging 169.3 yards passing per game. If the season ended today, that would be the 2nd highest average for a team in school history. The 2004 squad averaged 181.6 yards passing per game.
- Rocket opponents are averaging 6.7 penalties per game. Only one season since 2000 have Rocket opponents averaged more penalties.
- CC has scored 27 TDs this season in six games. Last year, the Rockets scored 26 TDs the entire year. In fact, the 27 TDs are more than was scored in 2014, 2013, 2012, or 2011.
- CC has scored 131 points in the first and second quarters combined so far this season (6 games). Last year in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters combined for the whole season (11 games), the Rockets only scored 107 points.
- Last week, the CC offense ran the most plays in a single game (80) dating back to 1994. Detailed stats are not available on a game by game basis prior to 1994. The previous record was 78 against Trigg County in 1997.
- With his 8 tackle performance last week, Travis McKinney moved into 24th place in most tackles all-time. He currently has 173 career tackles. In 21st-23rd place are David Hunt (180), Dustin Lanham (179), and Brian Penn (178).
- Travis Fitzgerald now has 152 career tackles. He is the 32nd Rocket player to record at least 150 career tackles.
2015 District Opponent Review
- Russellville (5-1) – Murray handed Russellville its first loss of the season, 31-7. The only team to beat Russellville by a wider margin in their last 44 games is Mayfield in 2014, 14-42 (28 points). Murray held Russellville to a season-low 177 yards rushing. Their previous low was a week 1 total of 282. Russellville did not have a 100 yard rusher in the game and did not attempt a pass.
- Fulton City (1-5) – Chan Malray (#4) is 53/105 for 512 yards passing with 6 TDs and 5 INTs. Areon Ferrell (#5) leads the way in rushing with 328 yards and 2 TDs. In Receiving, Devin Brown (#2) and Michael Downing (#13) are tops on the team with 171 and 148, respectively. Top tacklers on the team are KeShawn Murphy (#57, 40 tackles), Jordan Owens (#53, 39 tackles) and Gabe Harned (#37, 32 tackles).
- Fulton County (0-5) – Lost to Webster County, 19-34. The Pilots go to Russellville this Friday.
VISIT OUR SPONSORS ONLINE