Week 2 Preview - Hopkins County Central
2016: 1-0 (Won 22-14 at Webster County)
2015: 2-9 (Shutout four times)
2014: 0-11 (Allowed the most points in 4A, 509)
2013: 0-11 (Scored 52 Points All Season, allowed 447)
Seven meetings have occurred between CC and Hopkins County Central.
2015: Rockets won 48-24 at home
2014: Rockets won 27-13 at home
2013: Rockets won 19-8 at home
2012: Rockets won 21-6 at home
2011: Rockets won 38-6 at home
2010: Rockets won 20-15 at Hopkins County Central
2009: Rockets won 35-6 at Princeton in the Caldwell County Medical Bowl
HCC is the only opponent CC has ever been 7-0 against.
Week 1 Recap
- 229 passing yards by Hunter Boone in week 1 is the most ever by Rocket quarterback to open the season.
- 229 passing yards by Hunter Boone is the seventh most passing yards ever in a single game.
- Ethan Hunt’s 142 yards receiving are the eighth most receiving yards in a single game.
- Only one time in the past 122 games has a Rocket receiver recorded more yards in a game than Ethan Hunt last week (2015, Tyler Coleman, Russellville, 149).
Dylan Smith became the 34th player to record 150 tackles in a career. He currently ranks 32nd and has 156.
19 tackles in last week’s game by Dylan Smith is tied for the 11th most in a single game. Barkley Hughes holds the school record for tackles in a game with 26 (1989, Webster County).Dylan Smith became the 34th player to record 150 tackles in a career. He currently ranks 32nd and has 156.
19 tackles in last week’s game by Dylan Smith is tied for the 11th most in a single game. Barkley Hughes holds the school record for tackles in a game with 26 (1989, Webster County).
– Consecutive Games with a Reception – 14 – All-time leader is T.K. Guess with 22
– Receptions in a Career – 34 – Currently in tied for 16th place – Next up is Tyler Coleman with 37.
– Extra Points Made in a Career – 41 – Currently tied for 4th place – Next up are Micah Hollamon (2010-2013) with 68 and J.R. Adams with 73.
– Extra Points Attempted in a Career – 44 – Currently in 6th place – Next up are Brad Madden and Aaron Summers with 60.
– Most Consecutive Extra Points – 24 – Currently the all-time leader – Streak is active and to qualify for KHSAA record book you must have 30 consecutive PATs. The state record is 87 in a row.
- CC has had less than 299 total yards of offense only one time in the past 13 games.
- 217 rushing yards by TCC were most by a Rocket opponent to open the season since 2005 (321, Caldwell County).
- The 48 passing yards by TCC were the second fewest allowed in week 1 since 2005.
- The leading Rocket running back had 65 yards last week. That is the lowest total for a CC leading rusher in week 1 since 2006 against Caldwell County (35 yards).
- CC scored double digits points in the first and fourth quarters last week. The last time that happened was 2009 against Louisville Holy Cross in the playoffs.