BY: ANDY HUNT
Trivia Question of the Week
A. Have 75 receptions and 1,000 receiving yards in their career
B. Have three seasons of 250 or more receiving yards
C. Score a TD five different ways in their career
Liberty Creek Wolves Football (2-4)
Liberty Creek is not playoff eligible this season.
- Jackson Central-Merry (2-4), HOME, 35-6, Win
- Enrollment: 431
- Portland (5-2), AWAY, 14-49, Loss
- Enrollment: 1,192
- Ranked #16 in Division 1, 5A
- Wayne Hills (NJ) (3-2), HOME, 19-34, Loss
- Nolensville (7-0), AWAY, 7-53, Loss
- Enrollment: 1,454
- Ranked #4 in Division 1, 5A
- Chattanooga Prep (1-5), HOME, 40-0, Win
- Enrollment: 246
- School only has grades 9 and 10.
- Chattanooga Prep has scored 32 points this season.
- Goodpasture Christian (5-2), HOME, 0-29, Loss
- Enrollment: 325
- One of Goodpasture’s two losses came against #1 ranked AA Lipscomb Academy, 0-52.
- Goodpasture did not receive any votes in the last AP poll.
Liberty Creek Statistics (6 Games)
- #18 Brian Rager – 43/68, 427 Yards, 5 TDs, INT
- #22 Jake Barbuto – 67 attempts, 347 yards, 2 TDs
- #8 Mack Tuggle – 40 attempts, 192 yards, 2 TDs
- #18 Brian Rager – 43 attempts, 100 yards , 4 TDs
- #2 Lane McKee – 12 receptions, 124 yards, 2 TDs
- #31 Brock Taylor – 6 receptions, 93 yards, 2 TDs
- #85 Dylan Mitchell – 7 receptions, 58 yards, TD
- #33 Ben Chappell – 29 tackles, 0 TFL
- #85 Dylan Mitchell – 27 tackles, 3 TFLs, 2 sacks, fumble recovery
- #74 Micah Lopez – 18 tackles, 3 TFLs, 2 sacks, fumble recovery
- #12 Cooper Schell – 18 tackles, 2 TFLs, caused fumble
- #65 Tim Haley – 18 tackles, TFL
- #12 Cooper Schell – 5/7 PATs, 0/0 FGs
- #89 Lucas Palmer – 4/4 PATs, 0/0 FGs
Liberty Creek Coaching Staff
- Head Coach:
- Bill Alexander (Known Career Highlights)
- 1988 – Beech High School – Graduated High School
- 1994-1995 – Watertown – Head Coach
- 2005-2009 – Davidson Academy – Assistant Coach (Won 3 State Titles)
- 2010-2012 – Davidson Academy – Head Coach (Record: 15-18)
- 2013-2021 – Beech High School – Defensive Coordinator
- 2022-Present – Liberty Creek – Head Coach (0-0)
- Assistant Coaches:
- Lou Alexander – OL, OLB – Played at Lindsey Wilson and won three conference championships.
- Cliff Barna – DL – Member of Bethel University Athletic Hall of Fame. School’s wrestling head coach.
- Stetson Dickerson – Offensive Coordinator, QBs – Head Coach at White House Heritage last season.
- Tony Lansden – Assistant Coach – Played college football at Tennessee Tech and UT-Chattanooga
- Seth McFerrin – Strength, DBs, RBs – Came with HC Alexander from Beech. Certified Strength Trainer.
- Clyde Payne – Wide Receivers – Played college football at Cumberland University
- Kevin Cook – Character Coach – Full-Time, Executive Pastor at Cross Point
- The school colors are red and navy as shown below in the school logo. The home uniform is shown below in the second image.
Liberty Creek High School - General
- As of the end of school last year, the football team did not exist as it had no players due to being a new school. Enrollment at that time was expected to be about 600 and that would eventually put the school in 3A. Fall enrollment at LC is 582.
- To put that school size in comparison to other Tennessee high schools, here are a few other enrollments:
- Dresden – 316
- South Fulton – 186
- Lake County – 204
- Stewart County – 623
WEEK 5 REVIEW: Crittenden County Single Game School Records Versus Bethlehem Tied or Broken Last Week
- Interceptions: 1, five times (Tyler Belt, 2022)
Longest Punt Return for a TD: 3 Yards, Kaleb Nesbitt, 2022
District 1A, District 1 Review – Week 5
- Russellville (1-6) – Russellville picked up win number one on the season in overtime against Fulton County. AJ Woodard was the star for Russellville with five rushing touchdowns on 15 carries for 127 yards. Fulton started the game by driving to the Russellville red zone before a pass was intercepted. On the first offensive play of the game, Woodard went 80 yards for a score.
For the overtime period, Fulton County fumbled the ball and
After two direct snaps to Woodard, Russellville scored and won the game 38-32.
- Fulton County (2-5) – Just as much as Russellville relied
upon the success of Woodard, Fulton County leaned on 250lb.-plus running back,
JShon Jones. Jones carried 21 times for
194 yards and four TDs. Fulton County forced
two fumbles, had five TFLs, and two sacks in the game.
Record Breaker Watch
- Micah Newcom sits 11th all-time passing yards with 1,258. Next up are Zach Brantley with 1,432 and Doug Campbell with 1,515.
- Micah Newcom has the 10th most passing yards in a single season. Next up are Jamie Curtis (1991) with 1,193, Luke Crider (2020) with 1,398 and Austin Berry (2005) with 1,486.
- Micah Newcom has 90 completions in his career which ranks 13th all-time. Next up are Doug Campbell with 95, Zach Brantley with 102, Al Simmons with 102, and Sean Thompson with 110.
- Micah Newcom has completed 76 passes this season which is the 12th most in a season. With 13 more completions, Newcom will be in 7th place in this category.
- Micah Newcom has 11 career touchdown passes which is tied for 12th all-time. Next up are Hunter Jones with 13, Turner Martin with 14, and Sean Thompson and David Cozart with 15.
- Micah Newcom remained tied for the 16th most TD passes in a single season with eight. With five more TD passes, Newcom will be alone in 9th place.
- Preston Morgeson has 1,276 career receiving yards which is the 4th most all-time. Next up are Chad Perryman (1990-1993) with 1,655, T.K. Guess (2002-2005) with 1,774, and the all-time leader Ethan Dossett (2015-2018) with 2,130.
- Preston Morgeson has the 2nd most career receiving touchdowns with 19. Ethan Dossett is the all-time leader with 23.
- Preston Morgeson has 89 career receptions which is the 3rd most in school history. Next up are T.K. Guess (2002-2005) with 95 and the all-time leader is Ethan Dossett with 127.
- Preston Morgeson has 1,945 career yards from scrimmage. With 55 more yards, Morgeson will be the 16th player in school history with 2,000 or more yards from scrimmage in a career. Yards from scrimmage are rushing and receiving yards combined.
- Preston Morgeson has scored 30 career TDs which is tied for 12th most in that category. Next up are Denis Hodge with 31, Blake Gardner with 33, and Jimmy Hopper with 34.
- Preston Morgeson has been responsible for 30 total career TDs. This ranks him tied for 18th in career TDs responsible for. Next up are Brian Berry with 31, Denis Hodge & Blake Gardner with 33, and Sean Thompson & Jimmy Hopper with 34.
- Preston Morgeson has 217 career
points which is the 10th most.
Next up are Brad Madden with 224 and Ronnie Moss with 248.
- Preston Morgeson is tied for 7th in career interceptions with 7. Next up are Chad Perryman with 8 and Caden McCalister & Mike Taylor with 10.
- Preston Morgeson has made 33 PATs in his career which is the 10th most ever. Next up is Aaron Summers and Brad Madden with 38.
- Kaleb Nesbitt has 986 career receiving yards which is the 7th most ever. Next up are Branen Lamey with 1,070 and Ethan Hunt with 1,191.
- Kaleb Nesbitt has 11 career TD receptions which is tied for 6th all-time. Next up are Chad Perryman with 15 & Preston Morgeson with 16.
- Kaleb Nesbitt has 76 career receptions. He is in 7th place on the list and sits behind Preston Morgeson (85) and Branen Lamey (78).
- Briley Berry has 169 tackles which is tied for the 38th most all-time. Next up are Brian Penn with 178, Dustin Lanham with 179, and David Hunt 180.
- Briley Berry has six career sacks which is tied for 21st on the all-time list.
- Case Gobin is tied for 46th in career tackles with 153. Next up are T.K. Guess with 160, Dylan Hollis with 161, and Lucas Mick, Josh James, and Jacob Courtney with 163.
- Case Gobin is tied for 7th in career sacks with 10. Next up are Tyler Boone with 12 and Zack Beverly with 15.
- Sam Impastato is tied for 10th in career Tackles for Loss with 24. Next up are Bobby Knox with 25 and Zack Beverly with 27.
- Sam Impastato is tied for 21st in career sacks with six. With three more, he will be in 13th.
Trivia Question Answer is B.
- Chad Perryman, Kaleb Nesbitt and Preston Morgeson are the only players to ever have three seasons of 250 or more yards receiving.
- Perryman was only 24 yards from having four seasons.
- Morgeson is 108 yards away this season from being the only player to have three, 400+ yard receiving seasons.