- Alex Cosby now has 30 career receptions. Cosby will be the 18th player in school history to have at least 30 career receptions.
- The 1,082 passing yards through the first seven games of the season for Nick Castiller are the 3rd most passing yards ever for a Rocket QB in the first seven games of a season. Austin Berry passed for 1,141 in 2005 and 1,099 in 2004
- Nick Castiller is now 4th on the career passing yards list. He now has 1,875 career passing yards. Next up on the list are J.D. Gray (2,172) and Jamie Curtis (2,813).
- Dylan Hollis caught his 42nd career pass last week. On the all-time receptions list, Rodney Robertson and Gaige Courtney have 43 receptions apiece and Bobby Knox has 48. Hollis currently ranks 9th on the career receptions list.
- Dylan Hollis has moved up to 5th in career receiving yards with 691 yards. The next players on the list are Shawnte Moss (697) and Denis Hodge (874).
- Nick Castiller remains 4th in career completions with 159 completions. In 3rd place is J.D. Gray with 174 completions, in 2nd place is Jamie Curtis with 182 and the all-time leader is Austin Berry with 227 completions.
- Nick Castiller is 4th in career attempts with 313. Ahead of Castiller are J.D. Gray with 320, Austin Berry with 396, and the all-time leader is Jamie Curtis with 426.
- Nick Castiller had his sixth, 100+ yard passing game of the season. That ties him with J.D. Gray (2010) for the second most in a single season. The single season record holder for most 100 yard passing games in a season is Austin Berry with 10 (2004).
- Rocket Receiver, Ethan Hunt, has caught at least one pass in eight straight games and receiver, Dylan Hollis has a caught a pass in nine straight contests. These are the longest streaks since Bobby Knox caught a pass in 12 straight games dating from round 1 of the 2011 playoffs to round 1 of the 2012 playoffs. The record holder is T.K. Guess who caught at least one pass in his final 22 games.
- Nick Castiller became the 26th player in school history to score 15 total touchdowns in a career. Castiller has scored 16 rushing TDs.
- Dylan Hollis is now the third player in Rocket history to have at least 600 rushing yards and 600 receiving yards. Hollis has 681 rushing yards and 691 receiving yards in his career. The other two players to accomplish this feat are T.K. Guess (1,095 rushing, 1,774 receiving) and Denis Hodge (1,237 rushing, 874 receiving). Both Guess and Hodge had the most receiving yards in school history at the time when their careers ended.
2016 District Opponent Review
- Russellville (6-1) – Russellville moved easily past Fulton County, 66-8. The Panthers only had 296 total yards for the game. No individual rusher for RHS had more than 67 yards or 3 rushing attempts. As a team, Russellville averaged 16.7 yards per carry on their 14 rushing attempts and put 7 rushing TDs on the board. The Panthers’ defense forced 5 turnovers (3 fumbles, 2 INTs) and scored 1 TD on a 60-yard fumble return. They take on Fulton City next on October 16th after a bye-week this week.
- Fulton City (1-6) – The Bulldogs head to Halls (TN) this week. Halls has a record of 4-2 and they are in class AA. Fulton City’s chances for another win are looking even slimmer with only 14 players dressing against the Rockets last week.
- Fulton County (0-6) – Beaten easily by Russellville, 66-8.
VISIT OUR SPONSORS ONLINE